Friday, December 25, 2009

Xmas Jam 2009, Asheville, North Carolina


In my picture: Jeff Austin on mandolin, Jackie Greene on guitar, Warren Haynes on guitar. This was the opening song at 7:00 PM sharp. An acoustic version of the Stones "Wild Horses." I was concerned after last years over the top line-up this show might be slow. After I heard 30 seconds of this I thought to my self "oh yeah this is gonna be good." And it was.

Another year, another Christmas Jam in Asheville. Man I love the town and I love this event. Here are some words that come to mind: cold, mountains, snow, hippies, money, great bars, cool stores, music, music, oh I said that one twice, great food, and Warren Haynes.

http://xmasjam.com/2009/

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/20869/Christmas-Jam-12.12.09-Asheville

Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady, you know how I am
You know I can't let you slide through my hands.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away