Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lucinda Williams Last Night.



http://www.lucindawilliams.com/

It is no secret to those who know me that I am a huge fan of Lucinda William's music. I was very happy to see her return to Greensboro so I could see her perform again. Better yet I had third row seats and ended up watching the last half of the show from the pit. What a night! 992 pictures later I am now blogging and listening to her catalog in my studio as I write this.
Did I mention that we were extremely fortunate to have her in this small Greensboro town? Go look where she is playing. Yes, fortunate indeed. All thanks to some special people in Greensboro I won't name here.

This tour is the 30th year for Lucinda and she just got married to her tour manager Tom Overby at the opening concert in Minneapolis last Friday. Lucinda borrowed the idea from one of her heroes, Hank Williams, who married his second wife during a concert in New Orleans in 1952. Tom is a Minneapolis native. Lucinda was born in Louisiana as you can hear in her accent which, by the way I happen to love to listen to.

He had a reason to get back to Lake Charles
He used to talk about it
He'd just go on and on
He always said Louisana
Was where he felt at home
Did an angel whisper in your ear
And hold you close and take away your fear
In those long last moments
Did an angel whisper in your ear
And hold you close and take away your fear
In those long last moments