Thursday, March 26, 2009

Finally Kathleen Edwards.


Kathleen talking and tuning her guitar. I took over 400 pictures with my new camera about 20 feet from the stage. The pair on stage moved so much in the low light conditions they were a blur though my lens. What I captured in my memory was the fact that Kathleen strikes me as a very happy person. She was constantly looking at her husband on guitar eye to eye with an expression of deep love. They were married in 2004 and I don't think the honeymoon is over.

I said "Finally" in the title of this post as I have been waiting years to see her. Kathleen doesn't tour much down this way as she is from Canada. The sold-out weekday crowd blew her away with the response in between songs. We were VERY loud. She said something to the effect that she should have been back sooner than nine years ago. The crowd was very awesome and so was her set on stage.