Saturday, May 10, 2008

Over Married?


Steve and Allison play together on stage at the Carolina Theatre in Greensboro. When I heard about this show I did not hestitate. I bought tickets as fast as I could log on to the web site. http://www.carolinatheatre.com/ Luckily I was able to get tickets on the second row. I wasn't able to take a decent telephoto lens...too big.. so I was stuck with my small pocket digital. Better than no pictures at all I always say.

The show was awesome. I am a big fan of the cd "The Revolution Starts Now" but Steve new cd has some stellar tracks as well. "Washington Square Serenade" is a gem. "City of Immigrants" and "Satellite Radio" are worth the price of the whole cd. "Steve's Hammer" (for Pete Seger) is very cool and he had us all singing it with him at the show. http://www.steveearle.com/music/

Somewhere towards the end of the night I heard Steve mention he was "way over-married." I thought this was a funny comment and it stuck in my mind for a while. I thought "No, for a great artist only the best will do." 'Nuff said. You want to go see an awesome show? Steve Earle is not to be missed.