Sunday, September 25, 2005

From the Big Apple to the Big Easy


Jimmy Buffett said egos were checked at the door.

Allen Toussaint said he's lost everything in his New Orleans home to floodwaters but that he's eager to go back and start over.

John Fogerty said sending money for hurricane relief would not have been enough for him.

All three were among the galaxy of stars playing sold-out Katrina relief benefits Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden and Radio City Music Hall in New York. The concert was called "From the Big Apple to the Big Easy, New York City's Concert for the Gulf Coast." If you want to read more here is a link to a good article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/reviews/review_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001178561

It was a great night...and a great pay per view....there were so many great performances it is hard to pick my favorites. But one cool shot was Jimmy watching Simon and Garfunkel with Aaron Neville singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" from the side of the stage. And I just can't forget Frogman Henry singing on stage. What a great performance...he looks so good for his age. I just wished him a Happy Birthday on the phone this year. As I called he talked to me sitting on his front porch in Algiers, LA which is across the river from New Orleans....He told me a few stories and made my day. Forgerty....wow what a great performance....Finally the coolest shirt I saw in the audience was some nice looking ladies with black t-shirts and red and white lettering saying "renew orleans" That's what I am talking about. I am ready to go down there right now. New Orleans will rise again and it will be better than ever. Rock n Roll and Zydeco Baybee.Posted by Picasa