Saturday, January 08, 2005

Steve Forbert!!!


Steve Forbert plays a non-stop set last night for almost two hours. He is not to be missed. He has a huge library of music to offer and a new cd that is very good. I have been playing some of that on the Down South Radio Hour. In fact I really like the cut "Wild as the Wind, a tribute to Rick Danko" and I asked him to play it last night. It was top shelf. Finally, he played "Miss the Mississippi" last night from his Jimmy Rodgers tribute cd. Jimmy has a memorial in Highland Park in Meridian, Mississippi.

( http://www.jimmierodgers.com/home.html ) I was there when they dedicated it. My Dad was alive then and he took polaroid pictures of my Mom and Ernest Tubb and several of the old Country Music stars in front of the train & stone memorial they have there. When Steve played that song last night a tear came to my eye. What a night! Life is good. Thanks Steve Forbert. As I told him last night, I hope to see you again soon.Posted by Hello